Monday, April 30, 2007

Long Time No See

April is about to turn into May, and its been a while since I've posted anything. I owe you an explanation.

You can probably guess what that explanation is. I'm taking five seminary classes, and we're nearing the end of the semester. I have a two-year-old, and he demands a great deal of time and energy. I have a wife who'd like to see me from time to time. And, my wrist has healed to the point where I can (praise God!!!) play tennis again. Each of these have conspired together to keep me from the blogosphere.

And, you know what? I'm glad. My "real" life is at least as enriching as this bold social experiment. Sure I'm drowning in a sea of school work, and family life is almost as stressful as it is rewarding, but I feel like I've been doing things that are worth doing. And, in that context, spending time writing for this blog is less worth doing. That doesn't mean that I intend not to post again. It just means that like many people before me, I'm beginning to rethink my relationship with my blog.

What that means only time will tell. I suspect that my temporarily suspended blogging hiatus will not last forever. I'll be free from the tyranny of school from the middle of May through the middle of August, and without classmates to terrorize with my theological ramblings, I'll have to let any stray ideas loose on you, brave reader. But, until then, I'm not sure what I'm going to post or when I'm going to post it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that, brotha, I heard that. I've never really looked back since leaving the blogosphere; I'm much happier as a blog consumer (and commenter) than I ever was as a blog producer.

PamBG said...

Real life sounds good! Enjoy! :-)

crystal said...

I'd spend more time on my real life, if only I had one :-)

Amy said...

I can't blame you; as you may have noticed, I also had a three month drought over at C and C that just finished this week (with that bane of blogs, recycled material). I will, however, look forward to reading more over the summer!
Amy