Monday, January 08, 2007

Recommended Reading

I don't know why it has taken me so long to slip in a plug for this, but it is about time that I gave a unique series of theological posts some "mad props." I haven't had this much fun reading theological reflections on rock music since Tyler's infamous post on punk!

Patrik at God in a Shrinking Universe is doing a series on Paul Tillich's Theology of Indie Rock. It has all of the depth that one would expect from a theologian, and all of the creativity that one would expect from a Radiohead fan who blogs. And, mercifully, unlike certain long-winded blowhards (who, me?!?) he has the decency to break his up into sections, so that you can actually read it without your eyes glazing over. So, check it out. Here are links to the four parts of the series:

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

May there be many more posts to follow; and may this inspire Tyler to offer more half-baked theological reflections on rock!

No comments: