Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Baker Monkeys!

For those of you who don't think that I publish enough cute and/or silly stories about my family, my brother Tom has a suggestion:

Check out his!

Adam's cousins are now immortalized as the subject of a new blog, Baker Monkeys! The source of the title is not just their primate ancestory, but also a lovely little ditty by Steve Hindalong and Derri Daugherty of the Choir, "Yellow-Haired Monkeys," a tribute to the unexpected joys of parenting:

I hope you're glad
to be where you're at.
I don't mind living where we are.
It's a suitable climate.
A fine habitat
for the yellow-haired monkeys in the yard.
Yellow-haired monkeys in the yard.

A friend of mine,
ya know he's flat broke,
just handed me a fine cigar.
It's a beautiful excuse
for a celebrative smoke.
It's a yellow-haired monkey for the yard.
Another yellow-haired monkey for the yard.
Yellow-haired monkeys in the yard.


So check out Tom's monkeys!

No comments: