Friday, March 21, 2008

Coment Moderation Has (Alas) Finally Been Enabled

Because a few isolated individuals (not regulars at this blog) have abused the privilege to comment here, I have regrettably decided to enable comment moderation. I will post guidelines for commenting here later tonight or in the morning. In the meantime, rest assured that in the 2 1/2 or so years this blog has been up, and over the course of now over 400 posts, I can still, despite the comments that have been bounced since I started posting on Jeremiah Wright, count the number of comments I've censored on my two hands. Don't need to go to toes just yet.

So, by and large, any comment left here will be posted. But there is no such thing as an inalienable right to post on someone else's blog, and I reserve the right to post or not post comments at my discretion.

I'll post in more detail on this later, but in the meantime, if you're new here, or in need of a refresher, see this.

1 comment:

Garpu said...

*wave* By the way, if you're looking for a comment management system, I'd highly recommend haloscan. You can block and ban people from commenting (either with a specific IP or a range), and it'll IP log every comment made. It's especially good, if you have commentors you don't want to hear anything from.